I’m Courtney Racquel Rhodes.
I’m a curious, creative, and authentic soul journeying through my life committed to being happy, fulfilled, and compassionate while sharing my journey. Here at The B Guide I share my personal style, experience mothering my adult daughter and lifestyle tidbits.
I’m a super proud and grateful girl mom to an incredibly smart, charming, and supportive special young lady that anwers to Jala.
I strive to fully express myself, discover and rediscover freedom and make a positive make in the world. I feel my path is to an extent pre-destined for me, so that I, in all my curiosity about human nature, personal power, and possibilities am enjoying experiences life unfold in its perfectly authentic way.
I’ve always felt challenged to discover, embrace and protect my authentic self in hopes that that courage would feed my soul, and connect with others in a genuine way. I love expressing my personal style and designing beautiful jewelry andclothes.
I dress myself and my life in way that expresses what resonates with me, emotions I’m experiencing and a celebration of life.
I consider myself a lifetime student of the arts & humanity, new creations, and the pursuit of happiness. Here at The Brandista Guide and it’s boutique ShopTheBGuide, I share my clothes, jewelry and style hacks that inspire my lifestyle.
- I started in beauty pageants (at 5) and modeling (at 10) in local television commercials and print publications. That was my mom’s way of attmepting to balance my tomboy nature. With over twenty pageant wins, and some dope modeling gigs, it’s still a work in progress. : )
- Professional internships have shaped + greatly influenced my career path. I interned at Nordstrom’s Fashion Office, Elite Models NYC, Girls Life Magazine, and Radio One in Baltimore. Most days I believe the two degrees in Communications added a little along the way. The undergraduate degree is from Morgan State University and the graduate, The University of Baltimore.
- I’ve lived was born in Baltimore, MD and grew up in Shulerville, SC. I’ve since lived in Baltimore, MD; New York, NY; Tampa, FL; Atlanta, GA, and Chicago, IL.
- I was given the name The Brandista from a former client, friend, and now brother, Anthony Liggins. He starting referring to me as The Brandista years ago, and I accepted it.
- My style & beauty heroes are my grandmother, mom, and both of my parents fly ass sisters, Lena Horne and Audrey Hepburn.
- I love red lips, playing with makeup (I was once a licensed makeup artist), Christian Louboutin’s (I have narrow feet + a high arch), collecting and retooling vintage pieces from my aunts’ old clothes and jewelry, to vintage boutiques. I’m masterful at mixing low to high-end, and I offer no apologies for wearing timeless pieces I love season after season.
- My dad taught me that I could do anything the ‘boys’ (specifically my cousins) could do and I could do them better- and yup, I believed him. So I played football with them, hunted ( a few times), learned to race cars ( I was pretty good), fix cars, and enjoy their shenanigans.
- I have an strong mix of masculine and feminine energy which I consciously work to embrace and balance.
- I have a love affair with fabulous style, feeling free, creating nostalgic memories, the company of authentic peeps, delicious food, taking care of my mind, body and soul and traveling the world.
Thanks for sharing in this journey with me as I share my style sense, experience mothering an adult daughter, and lifestyle hacks. Cheers to the places we may go, the people we’ll meet and the difference we’ll make!
Courtney Racquel Rhodes, @TheBrandista